By popular demand, Anji's full color book is back! Printed locally by The Vegan Printer with an easy to use spiral binding, the 2nd edition has been professionally edited to clarify any ambiguities in the recipes and includes a few photographic updates, including a brand new back cover.
Keep It Carbed, Baby! features 45 of the most-asked-for recipes in Anji’s back-to-basics style of oil free, whole food, plant based dishes. These are not showy recipes with exotic ingredients, but homey go-to meals made with fresh seasonal produce and easy to find kitchen staples like rice, beans, potatoes, bananas and simple spices. The key point of every dish is that they are both healthy and satisfying.
From International favorites like the Kenyan cornmeal based Ugali and the rice and legume based Kitchari of India, to all-American Peach Pie and Hearty Breakfast Oatmeal, Anji has tailored her recipes towards ease of use for readers with any level of kitchen experience. She hopes that this book will inspire people worldwide to go vegan and Keep It Carbed, Baby!
- 10 recipes each for breakfast, lunch, dinner & dessert + 5 toppings
- 8 page introduction on duo's dietary choices
- Large full color photos of every recipe
- Mix of raw and cooked breakfast & lunch recipes
- All recipes exclude oil, salt, onions and garlic
- All but 1 recipe is gluten free, oats excepted
- All recipes are soy free, barring use of tamari sauce
- Includes tips on produce selection, optional ingredients etc
Includes fan favorites like my Black Forest Smoothie, Hearty Breakfast Oatmeal, Banana Bread Muffins, Chickpea Salad Sandwich, Hearty Minestrone Soup, Epic Burrito Bowl, No-Soak Kitchari, Pineapple Banana Float, No-Bake Peach Pie, and MORE!
Originally released in 2016.
NOTE: eBook version of 'Keep It Carbed, Baby!' also available!